30 for 30

Every time I see a promo for one of ESPN's 30 for 30 films I get very emotional.  I have no idea why?  Sports is just one of those things that touches my emotions.  Of all the movies that I watched only 2 have made me tear up.  The first was "The Godfather 3" and the other was sports-related, "Million Dollar Baby."  So if you are like me and have a strong emotional connection to sports you will love the "30 for 30" series on ESPN. The films are  a collection of sports-docs by different directors that touch a wide variety of sports topics, from Reggie Miller and the Knicks to Ali vs. Larry Holmes.  One of my faves has been "Silly Little Game" which chronicled the rise of fantasy sports and "Run Ricky Run"  which covers the career of the one and only Ricky Williams.  If you haven't been watching they replay them all the time and look out for the new films that are gonna be aired in the next few months.   Trailer below.

Comments

  1. Have you seen the one called "The two Escobars?" It contrasts the intersection of the Colombian drug trade with soccer. Pretty riveting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet, Its definitely on my list though. I still haven't seen the one about A.I.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Ole Miss,

Slick James "Lights Out" Toney

Allen "The Answer" Iverson